I just finished writing my eBook – 9 Steps to Successful Goal Setting and was wondering if I should try to sell it on Amazon or here on my blog. I think it was timely that I ran across this post by Jeff Bullas. Jeff has pointed out a lot of great things on his post that would be very beneficial.
I plan to give my new eBook to listeners of my podcast Goal Getting – Don’t Just Set’em, Get’em – The Goal Getting Podcast at not cost, yes FREE. Look for it to launch in early January. And when you see it and send me your email, I will send you your Free Copy.
But I have to think. Do I want to sell it on Amazon. That would be cool to be a published author. It has been one of my goals. I should do what I can to achieve that goal.
What does Jeff have to say?
Jeff has some great info on What you can sell online but two of the best points are the point of his post
“How can you sell ebooks online?”
- Someone Can Do it for You
- Two Great Choices
- Both are trusted brands
- They make it had for people to steam your content.
- Both provide access to a huge marketplace
- They set up the payment system.
- Disadvantages (only showing the 3 that hit you deep, in my opinion)
- Both take 30% Commission off the top (They certainly do most of the work other than the writing).
- Both take 30% Withholding for the Government…
- Amazon KEEPS THE EMAIL LIST when people buy. ( Good or Bad? What do you think?)
- Two Great Choices
Check out the rest of Jeff Bullas’ Blog to see the rest of his thoughts on this.
- You Can Do It Yourself
Here he talks about a service that I hadn’t heard of before and will have to investigate further. He has been using the Selz.com Payment Platform. If you have tried this product, let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
- Quick & Easy Setup & Use
- Only 5% Commission plus 25c per transaction. (That’s 95% vs. 40%)
- YOU Can Build an Email List of Customers…..(If they like the 1st one, likely will want to buy the next one.)
- There is no affiliate system, YET!
- YOU have to build your own traffic and drive it to YOUR Marketplace.
What does Jeff think? Check out his blog. What do you think? I would love to hear your thoughts if you have self-published an eBook or other book. Let us know in the comments below. After that, Go check out Jeff’s full blog post at the link below. After You Comment, Got it!
Thanks to Jeff Bullas for this great article on his blog.